Thursday, January 11, 2007

can you spot artists?



a belated post about Saturday's show at the Corey Helford Gallery.

There was a lot of bubblegum pink but still some interesting art:

Carlos Ramos' very cool k9s (sorry I can't find a website right now)


Panni Malek pink and girly damsels


Wednesday Kirwan, I also saw her work on my trip to Seattle.I'm really liking her work. Some of it reminds me of Katie Rice.


Korin Faught.
I am just in awe of her work. I can't really talk about it.


And I hung out for a min. with Gary Baseman. There are a lot of cool projects that he's working on so I'll try to keep up. Damn I need to do something with my mop.


Natalia Fabia was also there and Mitra briefly introduced us. She's amazingly beautiful and seems really nice. I really dig her paintings and her jewelry is amazing. Quite the busy artist. I can't keep up.

We also met Greg Escalante from Juxtapoz. Cool. Then a couple days later I listened to his brother Joe on the radio. Kind of random how art invades life.

Ultimately the show was fun and there were enough interesting pieces of art to get me into it.

So for this weekend:

Fri:
Lola at Thinkspace

Sat:
Alyson Fox at Reform School
group show at BLK/MRKT gallery
and maybe this show at Track 16?

1 comment:

Greg Escalante said...

Nice meeting you at the opening! Greg Escalante