Sunday, August 12, 2007

getting underneath

underpainting

This is the underpainting stage for a new painting I'm working on.
I've heard other artists say that they often like their underpainting more than the idea they orginally sought out to create and I can definitely relate. I think someday I'd like to do a series of paintings that are just "underpaintings" as far as I'm concerned. It would be a good exercise for me in terms of loosening up a bit and experimenting. But I really gotta see this one through to the end. I'm excited about it.

I haven't started a new large oil painging like this in about a year and I'm really trying to change that this year now that I have a better workspace.

All next week I'll be in Boston for a friend's wedding but I'll return next week with trip pix and Moleskine Thursday.

I'll miss you, internet!

No comments: