Thursday, October 25, 2007

thinking about somehting else

I don't usually post about this kind of stuff but...

Everyone who lives or knows someone living in LA or San Diego is buzzing about the recent fires. I've been especially sympathetic to the people affected by this tragedy as almost exactly 2 years ago in the middle of the night I woke to a fire that burnt down my apt and took my kitty. Though I lost a lot I was able to get back on my feet pretty quickly due to the generosity of friends, family and even strangers. Thus, I've been looking for a ways that I can help the people who need it right now. So far the best resource I have found has been via the LA Times on their "How to Help" page but I'm sure as things calm down more resources will pop up. If you know of any organizations please comment with the info.

No comments: