Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I must be crazy

From this weekend:
Susie Ghahremani at Giant Robot on Sawtelle:
susieGhahremani_02susieGhahremani_03susieGhahremani_01
I loved all the hanging birds and how they cast some amazing shadows. The entire show was put together so well you can see how detail-oriented Susie is. I bought 3 new paintings: one as a gift and 2 more to go with my beloved hummingbird.

Friends United Network (FUN) at Project Gallery
FUN_02

FUN_ceilingFUN_floor
Very cool and interesting show. The installation was fantastic. A large tree was hung from the ceiling and a big shadow was actually painted on the ground of the gallery.

Lab 101
amyRuppel
Amy Ruppel. I purchased the 5th from the left (the tall one).

KLolley
Kathleen Lolley. Pillows were to die for!

Wishing I could have bought more work from all the artists.
See the rest of the pics on flickr

No comments: